-
July 28th, 2001, 06:27 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I dunno a lot about them- but does anyone think this is any good?
Hauppauge's DV-Wizard contains a single slot PCI card with three IEEE 1394 (Firewire) connectors to attach to the new generation of high-resolution digital video (DV) camcorders. With DV-Wizard you can edit your DV movies on your PC, add professional style effects with Ulead VideoStudio, and send your complete production back to video tape.
Alternatively you can burn your video production onto a CD-ROM then watch
your movie on your home DVD player with family and friends.
?54.00
My big bruv spotted it on scan.co.uk it seems cheap but it looks like it is for one day only (yesterday) but it's still on in the early hours of today. It seems cheap and it supports firewire- probaly pretty basic. I have premiere but an ancient computer that needs updating, any ideas?
cheers
Kathy
-
July 28th, 2001, 08:44 AM
#2
Inactive Member
That is a very good price. I recently purchased Pinnacles StudioDV. The thing I was really after was the card. They're basically all the same, you just have to make sure you get a reputable make (Hauppauge have been making TV capture cards for years so they're fine).
The more expensive kits, I've found, are more expensive because of the software you get and the occasional S-VHS output to allow you to capture straight to a capable video recorder.
I am currently using the included software for a basic editing but in most cases that software isn't good enough so you'd probably use your copy of premiere. The hardware's the same though.
As such you may be able to just buy the card. Look for names you've heard of. If in doubt check to see if they have a website that offers support.
-
July 28th, 2001, 02:04 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Cheers, I'm not really desperate for a card at the mo- it just seemed cheap compared to some- but you have to add postage and VAT so it comes to more like 75 pounds. my finances are still recovering aftre buying a camera so i'll leave it a while until i update my PC! cheers for the help
Kathy
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks